Reading other blogs who published their budget really helped me planning and budgeting my trip.
That’s why I have decided, throughout my journey, to publish my expenses in each city. Now it’s time to piece it all together and analyze what all of this has actually cost.
I have spent the past weeks going through my file, a massive excel sheet that contains all the statistics on my journey, from budget to flights, miles travelled to CO2 emissions.
Here I’ll share with you how much I have spent on this crazy trip.
Judging from a couple of friends who made some random guesses, it might actually be less than you think.
All my friends estimated I had spent way more money than it did cost in the end.
Of course, in order to keep the blog alive and get some traffic, I won’t reveal the final figure just yet…
Let’s keep a bit of suspense here.
Click through these posts to find out how much I’ve spent:
- The cost of flying, driving and riding planes, cars and trains around the world
- The hidden costs of insurance, equipment and other expenses
- Accommodation: from cheap to outrageous: rental prices across the globe
- Eating out and getting drunk: the cheapest and most expensive cities
- Shopping, transport, culture: daily living costs around the world
- The final sum
And, if you’re curious about the spending patterns in individual cities, you can consult the posts in the Budget category.