If you think about taking time off and going on a trip around the world, the one question on your mind is inevitably: how much will that cost…?
Reading other blogs who published their budget really helped me planning and budgeting my trip. That’s why I have decided, throughout my journey, to publish my expenses in each city.
I have spent the past weeks going through my file, a massive excel file that contains all the stats on my journey, from budget to flights, miles travelled to CO2 emissions.
Starting today I’ll share with you how much I have spent on this crazy trip.
Judging from a couple of friends who made some random guesses, it might actually be less than you think.
All my friends estimated I had spent way more money than it did cost in the end.
Of course, in order to keep the blog alive and get some traffic, I won’t reveal the final figure just yet…
Let’s keep a bit of suspense here.
- The cost of flying, driving and riding planes, cars and trains around the world
- The hidden costs of insurance, equipment and other expenses
- Accommodation: from cheap to outrageous: rental prices across the globe
- Eating out and getting drunk: the cheapest and most expensive cities
- Shopping, transport, culture: daily living costs around the world
- The final sum