And here are the travel statistics for round 3 of my journey.In total, I made another 48792 kilometers.
Technically it was not a full circle, as I did not return to Cape Town, but Brussels being pretty much on the same longitude, I just count it as another circumvention.
Here’s the breakdown, I traveled:
- 44889 km in the air or
- 47 hours
- 2659 km by train, through the Western Australian desert
- 1244 km by car from Melbourne to Sydney
- taking only 8 flights this time
- on 7 Boeing and 1 Airbus
- leaving 13,91 tons of Co2 in the atmosphere
- visiting only 4 countries
- staying overnight in 11 different places (friend’s places, airbnb’s, hotels….)
My favorite plane would be Boeing’s 777, with three flights. It looks pretty even as for the airlines I flew most with: Emirates, Lufthansa and Qantas all had two flights.
I’m spending these days calculating a lot of statistics, so I’ll soon publish the full stats, and then all my spending.