So, Will has cancelled all the bookings. He will go up north to inspect a factory they work with, but basically only a day trip.
We came out of this non-Visa situation relatively ok. We only had to pay:
– 240 RMB to cancel the train tickets
– 82 USD for my room (first night plus a fee)
– 139 USD for Will’s room (first night plus a fee, again)
– 337 HKD for my ferry tickets (they refunded only 147 HKD, but at least that)
– 5 Euro for photos and copies at the consulate.
So it all adds up to 275 Euro. It’s not too bad. It could have been much worse.
The worst part is the lost time all this cost, that could’ve been spent so much better than waiting in consulates and making bookings and stuff.